Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ladie and Gentlemen, the Doppelcaster!



Here it is, the Doppelcaster is born (and I must say that I'm quite proud of myself)! 

The lower neck is stringed in Nashville tuning (you can buy the set from D'Addario), the upper one is supposed to be replaced by a baritone one as soon as I've saved enough money to buy one. There are two outputs, so I can play each neck with its own effects... Better pictures will come soon, and a demo once I figured out what to do with a double neck guitar... I feel like playing like John McLaughlin but I'm not able to, so I have to find my own way...


You can also noticed that I'm extremely bad at soldering, but after a lot of sweat and some help from Seymour Duncan's wiring diagrams, I managed to do the job - and it works... 

3 comments:

  1. I've been watching this build, and it looks great. It may be too late to mention this, but Danny Gatton's doubleneck sloped a bit, and he had the bari neck on bottom so they overlapped a bit, and the bari neck didn't stick out as much.

    http://www.dannygatton.com/guitars.html

    Anyway, I'm liking your design decisions there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment. I knew Gatton's double tele BTW...

    the baritone neck will be on the top because I want to be able to play the lower neck with a bottle neck from above, so I can switch from one neck to the other super quick...

    just a concept so far though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been watching your progress and this looks fantastic. Great work! I'm just about to start on my own very first guitar project so I hope it goes smoothly :)

    Awesome looking guitar(s)!

    ReplyDelete

gUitarREN's facebook

gUitarREN on Facebook