Saturday, July 4, 2009

New project: Crackle Guitar












No guitar making nor sketches these last days, I'm on travel, but the brain is still active. I met a few days ago with my friend and experimental electronic musician Daniel Schorno who works at STEIM Amsterdam (Studio for Electro-Instrumental Music) and build his own instruments.

Brainstorming about instrument making, we had the idea of building together a Crackle Guitar, an hybrid of guitar and STEIM's famous crackle box, an analogic pocket synthesizer played by finger contact on electronic circuits.

We intend to transform the pickguard of a guitar into a graphic circuit that can be touched by the guitarist while playing and alter the sound of the pickups... That will be a project for next year since my working agenda is already quite full, but I'm already quite excited about it!

And though I don't post much here, I keep contributing daily to the Guitar Blog - check me there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

gUitarREN's facebook

gUitarREN on Facebook