Monday, August 15, 2011

Sitar bridge and pickguard polishing


So I finally installed the sitar bridge on the doppelcaster, though until the last moment I thought that it would not work - the vintage bridge is really smaller, and I was about to give up when I decided to not use the string-through holes - it's not so important since the sitar saddles remove anyway most of the sustain (and I took the occasion to re-polish the pickguards). Anyway the sound is brilliant and I'm convinced now that this was the best move, a guitar + sitar makes more sense than a guitar + baritone, and I have already some songs ideas with this beastie.

I will try to make soon a video demo of it but I need to set precisely the sitar saddles, and it will take a while, then I'll have a pro setting to have the guitar at its best, also I'm curious (and a little bit anxious) to have a pro point of view on this instrument. Ah, and the P90 still doesn't work, if anybody knows where to find a wiring diagram for a P90 in neck position on a telly, it's welcome!



3 comments:

  1. ubercool! Thanks for the continuing updates on the black beast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok.... so how do I get to hear this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been playing this guitare regularly since I built it but I do improvised music so I never record - sorry...

      Delete

gUitarREN's facebook

gUitarREN on Facebook