Sunday, February 22, 2009

more sketches (and a few comments and links)





I don't like so much forcefully fancy guitars, mostly not the "metal" ones ridiculously trying to look fierce (and worse when they are handled by graybeard musicians). On the other hand, when 90% of nowadays guitars are just boring Strat/Tele/Les Paul clones, metal guitars are the most creative ones once you got rid of the superfluous... Some are just classics of elegance (I don't have to mention Gibson's Flying V or Explorer claimed by metalheads though they were designed in the 50s) like the Ibanez Iceman, the Dean Cadillac, the BC Rich Bich 10... And I enjoy crazy guitars designed for Japanese Visual Kei musicians such as the ones you can see on ESP Japanese site, who are reaching a true poetic baroque and fit to the genre...

Anyway lately I let myself sketch some fancy guitars just for the fun of it and I don't regret it since it provided some nice ideas - also because I tried to keep them ergonomic. There is something to do with the double low horn that allow a good stability when playing sitting combined with a long horn. Also I was trying a kind of lyre guitar and found that in guitar history some have been more interesting than what I had in mind - as you can see here (amongst the fancy guitars I also like the lyre style Danelectro Longhorn) ; I won't go very far with lyre guitars but it inspired the back horns and better, the ram-horn (should be made out of aluminium)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

gUitarREN's facebook

gUitarREN on Facebook